Thursday, November 16, 2006

I think today I’m lonely….a place I frequent and yet WHY?
I have an amazing Husband….following Christ with his whole heart
Children, each of them on journey’s rich and dangerous…
Grandchildren beautiful and healthy and smart….living with parents seeking Christ.

I have a church that led me…exposed me…modeled to me a journey to desiring full devotion to God…..dependency on Christ….
Is that the ‘terrible news’ I hear some label the gospel??
That we must be devoted…we must become dependent…
When everything around us has challenged us to BE MORE, DO MORE….WANT MORE….

In the loneliness I sense You nearest…..and yet it is lonely and I try TRY harder and harder to NOT BE LONELY….but it IS IN THE LONELINESS that I sense You nearest….

2 Comments:

Blogger rebecca said...

I find it a paradox... In your loneliness you feel God near but in a sense you question the very loneliness you feel.

becky

3:55 PM  
Blogger bruced said...

As long as we believe that our relationship to God is dependent on us, and what we do, think, say, act, feel... we have missed the whole point of the cross of Christ. Its purpose is not to challenge us to do more, but to free us to rest... knowing that we are accepted for who we are... who God created us to be.

6:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home