Wednesday, September 20, 2006

"We all want progress. But progress means getting nearer to the place where you want to be. And if you have taken a wrong turning, then to go forward does not get you any nearer. If you are on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; and in that case the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive man. C.S. Lewis from Mere Christianity

CS Lewis the author of the Chronicles of Narnia and a great thinker. I have come to appreciate where he takes me and wondered about you? What does this quote stir up in you? Are you on the right road? What does taking an about turn look like in your life?

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results. I spent 40 years WANTING and seemingly never getting what I wanted or getting where I wanted to get. Now though I still WANT I am not driven by THAT want anymore....or so it seems....how about you??

2 Comments:

Blogger Gigi said...

HOw did they try to scare you back? Where I am learning about God I don't THINK they would ever use fear.......I think they would consider it part of the journey....

So what was the pivot point that drove you off ??

11:23 AM  
Blogger Gigi said...

That's kind of scary....I think I am at the other end of the spectrum from you.....40 years WANTING and just the last..I don't know....maybe 5-7 on any kind of a journey...that's what we call it at my church.....I grew up Catholic....care to name your poison.....I meant to say denomination?

2:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home